As a remote Senior Software Engineer on Babylist’s Consumer Experience team, you will join an end-to-end design and engineering focused group who are responsible for building out all surfaces--used by millions of parents every day! Your work in this position will include working closely with Product, Designers as well as other teams. The ideal candidate is someone eager to ship product quickly while maintaining high standards along the way.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Babylist’s Consumer Experience team, you will join an end-to-end design and engineering focused group who are responsible for building out all surfaces--used by millions of parents every day! Your work in this position will include working closely with Product, Designers as well as other teams. The ideal candidate is someone eager to ship product quickly while maintaining high standards along the way.
You will help us design and deploy systems to support our growing e-commerce, content operations. You'll be the go-to person for process innovation as well! We want your ideas on what we can do next - let's make some magic happen together 🙂
One of my favorite parts about working here is when you're able start solving problems from day one because then I know there won't ever come a point where someone else outshines me or has more experience than yours . It reminds me why this company exists: To elevate people who are passionate with knowledge so they can share their talents around in order create new ways which benefits everyone involved.
Working in a close, supportive team is exhilarating. You get to explore the world of programming and solve real life problems while working with your peers on something that will have an impact for years to come! The experience also comes with mentorship opportunities from more experienced engineers who are willing teach us what they know about design/architecture planning through code reviews or knowledge sharing sessions- all within our field of expertise as developers.
Your role Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails / Remote
- You have 3+ years of experience in full-stack software development and want to make the most out it? You're not alone! I love coding, but sometimes having a mentor or colleague evaluate my work can really push me forward. Let's talk about what type of developer you are.
- You are the kind of person who can solve any problem. You have an exceptional talent for solving puzzles with ease and grace, making sure that they're put back together in such away as if was never broke them!
- In a world where software is king, you can deliver elegant and effective solutions in the most timely manner.
- You are a clear, friendly and open-minded communicator
A person who never fails to make others feel at ease with their words. You're always ready for anything that comes your way which makes it easy to communicate the right information in any situation
- You are passionate about developing features from concept to deployment. You thrive on learning new technologies and pushing your own limits while maintaining quality in all that you produce
- An agile work environment is a great place to be because you are able to break down large pieces of your job into smaller ones. This makes it easier for the team, and increases efficiency in delivering value incrementally!
You have experience scaling backend and distributed systems to meet increasing traffic, complexity of operations. With your experience, you would be able to help our team with testing and continuous integration.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Native iOS and Android
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
- We are the best at what we do. We get stuff done, don't worry about it!
- We have a real impact on people’s lives. We are dedicated to helping others and creating positive change in this world, which is why we do what we can for our customers!
- We care about the user experience and we're passionate that you get a great product.
- We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable). We plan ahead and invest in order avoid problems that could cost us more down the line.
- The key is not to overdo it so you can maintain profitability with healthy margins while still having enough resources available when needed
- At our company, there are so many opportunities for you to take on new challenges and learn from the best in your field. You'll be able grow with us as we continue making a difference!
- We are a Results-Driven Technology Company
We strive to be innovative and technological. We want our customers' business successes so bad that we’ll do anything it takes for them!
- Our atmosphere is one of autonomy and reward taking initiative. We believe that our team members should feel empowered, not just sit in the office doing nothing all day- we're always out there working on projects with you!
- We encourage our employees to think outside the box and have a positive, innovative mindset.
- Competitive pay
- 401(k), FSA plans, and disability insurance
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy
- Competitive health benefits including company-funded medical, dental, and vision