With more than 100,000 developers worldwide using our product to innovate faster and decrease time-to-market while maintaining best-in-class customer experience - it's easy for us at Rollbar not only to maintain but also improve on this success every day.
We are a team of 70+ engineers based out of San Francisco with employees spread across Europe including Spain where they help hundreds upon thousands of local companies create beautiful user experiences through websites or apps that run quickly without flaws when experiencing traffic spikes thanks largely due to their innovative backend service.
Rollbar is a rockstar of an engineering tool that powers some of the best teams in this industry, including Twilio to help their customers reach peak performance.
We believe that a culture of agility is what will help our team succeed. We're always looking for ways to be more agile, and with this in mind, we've recently changed some workflows so they can better accommodate dynamic systems like yours!
As our new remote Senior Backend Engineer, you'll be responsible for building and maintaining our Enterprise architecture. You will also help us improve the backend engineering at Rollbar by providing Reliability Data Analytics, which is used in diagnosing issues with applications so we can fix them more quickly!
You’ll work closely with other members of your team including seasoned developers to ensure that company-wide goals are met on time and within budget - all while having tons of fun along the way.
Benefits and perks:
- The culture here is one where we believe in including everyone and working together as a team.
- We offer you the opportunity to be insured for your medical, dental, and vision care.
- Parental leave: 12 weeks
- We're excited to offer you a competitive salary and stock options!
- We have the perfect environment for you. We will provide all of your office needs, from furniture and equipment to phone lines!
- We offer you the best chance to grow your career with rapid opportunities.
- Let's have some fun together!
- You have experience coding in Python and you're excited to learn new languages and frameworks.
- You are an experienced remote Senior Backend Engineer who's built and scaled real-time streaming pipelines.
- You have an eye for detail and a meticulous approach to your work - you know things won't fall through the cracks.
- You've been in the game long enough to know that this is your one chance. You need someone who will guide you through every step, and not just act as an assistant for what they can do themselves
- You are a cloud service provider! You have experience running on AWS or GCP.
- You will be the first line of defense for major infrastructure issues. On-call rotation, it's your duty to secure our company from any possible disaster!
- You will be a crucial part of the transition to our microservices architecture, helping us migrate services and components out of the monolith.
- You will help improve the tools we use to build and run Rollbar. Better error detection, more robust monitoring all with a better user experience that is easier on you!
- You will have the opportunity to work with a group of other engineers and share your ideas. You'll be collaborating on system designs, which means there's always someone else who can help out when you need it most!
- You'll be able to measure and monitor system performance, availability or reliability.
- You will help us streamline our processes and make them more efficient while also implementing innovative performance improvements.
- The work you do on this project can help shape how we architect future projects
- GitHub, CircleCI, Rollbar, DataDog, LaunchDarkly
- ETLs, Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Grafana, Prometheus
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Spinnaker
- Google Cloud Platform
- Python, Node.js
- SQL and NoSQL databases: MySQL, BigQuery, ClickHouse, Elasticsearch