Mode is the future of decision-making. Our web-based platform enables every person with access to collaborate on analytics and share insights at speeds that match modern work schedules, building an experience for ad hoc analysis everyone loves!
We're building an advanced web-based environment for creating ad hoc analysis using various technologies, such as excel or PowerPoint presentations - whatever makes sense for your company's needs! Our rapidly expanding list of happy customers love us so much they can't stop telling their friends about it too.
As a remote Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer at Mode, you'll work closely with other Engineers, PMs, and Designers to build a powerful application, enabling anyone to build complex data visualizations and manipulations. From building Visual Data Modeling tools to working on our Data Engine that will power millions of queries a day, your work will impact the way our customers understand and share their data.
At Mode, you are more than just another cog in the machine. You'll get to work closely not only with designers and PMs but also other engineers who help power our app for millions of users around town each day! As an experienced Senior Ruby On Rails Engineer at this company that values creativity above all else (and has great benefits!), what could be better?
Your roles as a remote Ruby on Rails Engineer
- What do we hope for from this position? Well, it would take too long (and might bore some people) so instead, let's just say there'll always have something new coming up at work here every day.
- You help build, test, and ship new user-facing code. You work with an agile team of Engineers to find bugs in your app or website before it goes live so that we can fix them faster than if they were discovered post-release!
- You learn from others and teach those around you in a way that is both exciting for them to hear but also brings out the best of your knowledge.
- Work with a wide range of tools and technologies (from SQL to Ruby, Ruby on Rails)
- You are a key player in our data analytics and business user application development. We need you to help us build the tools that will be used by analysts, economists, traders - anyone who has an interest or concern about how their company operates financially!
- You make it your business to keep us focused and on track, so we can get the job done right.
- You build the tools that power our business with a wide range of technologies. You're not afraid to try something new and evaluate it for its potential in this space, build on what works best!
What we look for
- You are a master of web application development. From the ground up, you have built and shipped successful websites that work for your users every time they need them--from sign-up pages to checkout processes; back-office paperwork, or front-facing customer service desk -you've got it all under control!
- You have a proven track record of delivering high-quality products and services while staying on top of the latest industry trends.
- Passionate about automation? You can drive enterprise-wide initiatives through DevOps techniques with your expertise in testing across multiple platforms from cloud-native applications to mobile backends or web front ends
- You can apply to work at the company as a Ruby, Go, or Java programmer.
- We also need people with experience in TypeScript programming languages for this position.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode remote employee:
- You'll be able to see our team's passions and hobbies on the pages of your feed.
- You're going to get a constant flow of posts about what we do in this company, from events that highlight how much fun everyone has together as well as personal times for each individual person with updates around their life outside work!
- You deserve to spend time with your family! That's why we offer Generous, flexible PTO and family leave.
- You get to work on your schedule every day. That's the best part of working remotely!
- We'll provide you with excellent healthcare for your team members and their families!
- A supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth are just two of the many reasons why more people should be working here!
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We want you, the best people who can do this job! For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here before applying so we know whether or not your home state has laws related with employment discrimination based on age/gender identity bias--or any other factors listed in section 8(c) of title 1 CFR 21 which correspond directly under "protected characteristics."