About our company
Sezzle is a payment platform for consumers with installment plans. We're looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer to join our team and help us scale our app internationally. Our ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of experience in some form of web development, be able to lead the design and front-end development teams, and be comfortable working remotely from their home base.
It's a company with an impressive sales record and growing customer base. The company is always on the lookout for new talent to join its team of talented developers, designers, marketers and product creators.
We're looking for a remote Lead Full Stack Developer
We're looking for a remote Lead Full Stack Developer to join our team. This position is responsible for building, optimizing and scaling software systems in the context of microservices architecture. The candidate must have experience working as a full stack developer with an emphasis on technology; ideally they should also be familiar with Agile development practices and automated testing tools like JUnit or TestNG.
This position is also ideal if you have strong communications skills as we'll be working remotely on projects that require frequent collaboration across the globe.
As a Lead Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for designing and building quality software that is innovative and fully performing. You should use your creativity to solve problems in the ways we can't think of on our own anytime soon.
This position is responsible for creating software that is compliant with technical design standards, coding standard compliance, and high-quality code base. The Lead Full Stack Developer will be expected to provide support when needed by collaborating closely with colleagues across different departments throughout the company's development lifecycle
Responsibilities include building new features on current platforms while also contributing ideas towards future projects.
- Experience in industry best practices in software development.
- Ability to work remotely and with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with AngularJS or React is a plus.
- The role is for the first version of the MVP products, where we want to test some solutions on market and see how they perform before building more complex features later down the line.
- Scalable software and data architectures
- Strong computational understanding of algorithms and their application in real world problems
- Experience with languages such as Python, Java, C++ or others
- You will be responsible for delivering high quality code on time while leading by example; you'll also need to have some knowledge of React (we use it heavily) as well as NodeJS/Express JS
- It's important for Lead Full Stack Developer candidates to have a strong understanding of the front-end and back end because they will be working with different teams.
- The candidate must also demonstrate leadership in their work by example, as well as code review. They should not only know how to write good code but be able to identify when it is poorly written or structured from beginning through completion.
- Lead Full Stack Developer is an ideal candidate for a software engineer who has experience with agile methodologies and can work remotely. In addition, the Lead Full Stack Developer should be proficient in test suites, documentation, and operational reporting capabilities.
- The Lead FullStack developer will join a team of other professionals that are skilled in best practices for robust test suites, documentation writing skillset to deliver high-quality products on time while also adhering to customer requirements & deadlines
What Makes Working at our company Awesome?
- Sezzle is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about technology to join us as we continue our rapid growth!
- Working at a startup means you'll be able to make the most of your talents while learning new skills on the fly. We think you'll find it a stimulating and rewarding challenge.
- Sezzle team is skilled in music, yoga, golfing, cooking and rock climbing. Our team members enjoy a casual work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation.
- Sezzle is a company that believes in its employees and their unique talents. We want people to feel purpose driven so we provide opportunities for growth and development by providing training, mentorship, and resources to help each employee grow at their own pace.
- At Sezzle, we value diversity and inclusion. We are currently hiring for a remote Lead Full Stack Developer position. At this role you will be working remotely with the team in our San Francisco office while collaborating closely with them to develop innovative products that have helped millions of people manage their finances better than ever before.