About the company
How do you find a balance between supply and demand? How long will it take for my shopper to deliver all the items on their order, with quality as expected. We're constantly working towards finding new ways of innovating our tech operations team's ideas so that we can solve these challenges in an efficient manner while providing both customers AND shoppers better services!
The Tech Operations team at our company works hard to find solutions for the challenges that come from delivering orders. We want a supply-demand balance where customers are getting what they need in a timely manner while also maximizing benefits of both shoppers and suppliers alike! How long will my order take me if I'm making multiple purchases? What is best route through google maps or amazon where I can deliver all items by time allotted?
As a Back End Engineer in Everli, you as a remote Laravel Backend Engineer will help us answer those questions by building machine learning models and backend APIs. You'll also have the opportunity to create native apps for our Everli app store!
What you will do:
Join our small, distributed team of developers with decision-making autonomy! Your work is your responsibility.
- You will have the opportunity to work remotely and with brilliant people who are looking for solutions on complex problems.
- With a focus on quality, you will deliver high-quality software: well designed and tested. It's scalable too!
- You'll have your hands full working closely with other key areas of this company- but don't worry because if we need someone skilled like yourself for any reason then they won't hesitate asking on behalf of themselve
- You will own the process from problem analysis to solution delivery. Your work is crucial in a time when there's no one else around who can do what you're doing, and it pays off with more responsibility as well!
Skills & Requirements:
You know that you have a strong sense of ownership. You need to feel like your ideas matter, and be confident in what they can achieve for the company or organization where they are being used
- You need to know when and how much you can move fast in order not raise doubts about your long-term strategy.
- You have a proven track record of working with large codebases in an environment where they're being used operationally.
- You have the skills to design and implement web applications in a way that is both beautiful as well functional.
- Your knowledge of PHP, MySQL database features like JOIN statements will be put into use for our company's stack: Laravel Framework with its ORM layer(PHPMyAdmin), Redis Cache Manager Pro plugin or Memcached daemon process manager - all are based on Linux processes which require much less memory then traditional servers do
- Finally you'll also get acquainted with ElasticSearch service from Lucene Project while RabbitMQ messaging API fits best when it comes time managing messages between different nodes within an elastic cluster set up specifically just for this purpose!