About the Payments team
Our team's mission is to help bring in revenue with sophisticated, reliable, and secure domestic and international payments. We've put our minds to work on exciting projects, including Product, Platform Infrastructure, Finance, Compliance, and finally exploring our API strategy. We are using machine learning to help optimize authorization rates and personalize your payment experience.
We are looking for a remote worker who is skilled at financial engineering to help lead our Payment Platform efforts. We will pay you well and give you challenging projects to work on. Anyone interested can join us!
About remote Backend Engineer Role
- You will write technical documents for the project.
- We are building our payment platform into a service-oriented architecture. Our customers will get to influence the manner in which we build it so release of features happens more quickly, which can have a significant effect on growth and revenue.
- You will learn advanced techniques and provide solutions that address the architectural gaps and technical debt
- You can expect to be advising on technical design, reviewing code, participating in interviews, and mentoring junior members.
- We want to continue building our platform by establishing contracts with the clients and you will have an opportunity to work with us on our payments infrastructure in order to support our API consumers, enabling them to quickly integrate their services with the best processing providers..
- You would be leading and implementing projects considering quality, maintainability, performance, scale, and observability from the start.
- You must have a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- You need at least 5 years of experience with digital systems.
- You need the ability to write high-quality, maintainable code that can be developed in production
- You need experience in any of the following: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Python, Go, or Scala
- Specific skills are required for this role, namely the ability to communicate professionally with the team and stakeholders.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and software development that is scalable and reliable.
- Good customer service skills are preferable, but none are required.
Office or Remote?
We have a new San Francisco headquarters as well as smaller offices in Toronto and New York. If you're close to one of those locations, there's plenty of opportunity for collaboration and the fun of being around those people. If you aren't, we would still love to have you! Scribd is expanding its remote workforce with the goal of finding the best software engineers regardless of geographic location.
Being a remote employee means supplying your own office environment, and other aspects are similar to those of an office employee. We expect all employees to have solid communication skills, good judgment, and demonstrable personal responsibility. Also, we're expecting the same from our in-office employees, so you'll be in good company.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• and many more!